After the death of a loved one, insurance and benefit claims may be the last thing on your mind. Family members of someone who has wrongfully died, according to the Family Law Act, are able to claim against those at fault for the accident or the deceased’s insurance company. For these cases, time is of the essence and claims must be submitted within a certain time frame or you may forfeit your right to recover a loss.
The categories of damages in a wrongful death case are as follows:
- Loss of guidance care and companionship that the deceased person would have provided to the surviving family members
- Loss of financial support the deceased would have provided
- Loss of service the deceased would have contributed to the household
- Expenses associated with the funeral and burial of the deceased
- Loss of income suffered from grieving family members
Why Pursue a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Clients cannot survive financially without the income of the deceased
- Prevent similar tragedies in the future
- Coverage for funeral expenses and grief counseling
Tell us your story and we’ll make sure that your insurance and/or benefits claims provide maximum compensation for your loss.
Get Advice Today!
DISCLAIMER: Your contact information is private. The use of this Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.